The Kite Patch is a small, colorful patch (with patent-pending technology) that interferes with a mosquito’s ability to track humans by our dioxide emissions (protecting us against the diseases they carry). It is still in development currently, and ongoing efforts will hopefully soon result in widespread use of the Kite Patch in Uganda. There is a Kite Patch Team that oversees the effort, and they and their story have been featured in shows, reports, and articles in major media.
The Kite Team is made up of individuals who are passionate about fighting mosquito-borne illnesses around the world. World-class individual professionals such as engineers and scientists, public health experts, designers and entrepreneurs have been supported from grants and assistance from the University of California (Riverside) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, as well as the National Institutes of Health. They are regulated by U.S. federal agencies.
Getting to know about the Kite Patch and what it actually is, is very interesting. Although it is being tested and developed currently, there are concrete plans to finish a final product and widely distribute it throughout the world. All countries that have a problem with the mosquito are targeted. The technology is patent-pending and the some of the world’s best minds are at work in the project. The Kite Patch is a small colorful sticker, and has the following set of characteristics:
Major Features of the Kite Patch:
- Easy to use, long lasting sticker – this sticker is under development but is basically a bright color and sticks easily and lasts a very long time.
- Replaces age-old, cumbersome present methods – old methods were limited and required carrying supplies, not so with the small, light sticker.
- Durable, long lasting – very long lasting, they should last for extended periods of time worry-free.
- Protects from Malaria, West Nile Virus, and dengue fever – with this Kite Patch, you would be protected from these horrible diseases that affect so many people in certain regions of the world.
- Non-Topical, Spatial Repellent – will keep the mosquito completely away from your body, not applied to your body, odorless, tasteless.
If it is successful, it will be the world’s first product to disrupt the neurons of the mosquito to divert them from attacking humans (and cause the prevention of illnesses transmitted by the mosquito). The dream of the team is to have it be someday that the Kite Patch will be used all over the world and save countless lives and prevent wide scale needless suffering. It is truly an effort that is worthy of praise and support by everyone. Hopefully, they will be able to adapt the technology to get rid of other pests like yellow jackets.
The Kite Patch project, if you will, has been featured on ABC News and dozens of others of prominent publications and is well-known and widely supported by many people. The team works tirelessly to achieve it’s eventual goals, and with everyone’s help they certainly will, they are making progress and it is a long term effort (a marathon not a sprint). They will be reported on when they get their goals met and the effort is successful with the Kite Patch.
You can show your support of the Kite Patch at their website, and follow news of their progress there in the media coverage area. More information about the effort can also be found at the kite website.